Friday, February 17, 2012

TOUR AND PAPERWORK

Today I went with my mom and met with the Director of Admissions at Oregon Culinary Institute (OCI).
We went over all the paperwork, coursework and school basics, and then she gave us a tour of the school--kitchens, classrooms, and restaurant. We got to sample what the students were cooking, and everyone seemed pretty nice :) After the tour we met with Financial Aid and were given a paperwork packet to read/fill out by next Thursday (the 23rd).
                              



Next I was measured/sized for the chef's uniforms.
Looks like I will be getting them tailored as they are unisex, so the sleeves are kind of large, and the pants are literally a foot too long for me (more about uniforms in a later post).




Then I was told I needed to take a quick test (about an hour) to assure them that I know how to read, write, and do basic math. It ended up being a fill-in-the-bubble, WASL/SAT like test. I felt like I was in high school again, and wasn't that surprised when I finished with time left over. The receptionist ran it through the machine and came back with a sticky note with my score attached to it (196/200).
With all of that taken care of, we set up a time to meet next week for a comped lunch, meeting with Financial Aid, and my "Acceptance Interview." I'm pretty excited, and Orientation is in 3 weeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment