Tuesday, March 6, 2012

BUMPS IN THE ROAD

With orientation in 4 days, and class starting in 7 (yay!) I'm a little anxious that I still havent gotten all my paperwork taken care of. When my FAFSA was "randomly selected for verification" I was asked to send signed copies of my tax return, my parents' 1040, and my mom's Schedule C. I sent them Friday afternoon.

Today I was kind of surprised to get a call from Financial Aid today telling me they need MORE paperwork. They are trying to separate my parents' incomes, (hence the Schedule C), so they can base my Financial Aid (grants, loans, etc.) off of just my mom's income. Apparently, they need more proof that my dad's income is, in fact, my dad's...so now I get to copy and send in a Schedule E (for his business) ASAP before my face-to-face meeting with Beth (from financial aid) on Wednesday at 4:00.

Ugh, I just want this to be taken care of so I can start classes on Monday stress free.
Here's to hoping....

No comments:

Post a Comment